WELCOME TO DAY 1 OF THE 'ALL JACKED UP IN JUNE' BLOG HOP!
Thank you all for joining us today. I am very excited to be hosting my very first blog hop. This hop is a lot like me...short and sweet (I guess that depends on who you talk too..he he)! Grab a cocktail or coffee, depending on your timezone, and enjoy the fabulous projects created by some super creative crafters...it's 5 o'clock somewhere, after all!!
The theme for this hop was inspired by the term 'All Jacked Up'. So I decided to highlight projects that included altered "jacked up" items, use of "jacked up" scrap items, and of course, the fabulous cocktail themed projects.
I decided to do an altered 'Jacked Up' item for my first project. I was totally inspired by a free paint sample I received and a $6.00 DCWV stack (Mango Frost) that I got on sale at TJ Maxx. I just loved the colors in the paper stack and when I received my paint sample, I immediately started working on this project. Here is the paint sample:
New Grass Green. I loved it the second I opened it.
This is a picture of my very "Jacked Up" frame. I got it from my MIL. I had some old farmhouse print or something to that effect but I pitched it a long time ago. I have just been waiting to find a project for this frame. As you can see the mirror has had some sort of acid removal in the center and was barely hanging on there.
And ... drumroll please....This is my finished project. I finally created a frame piece with the name of my blog for my craftroom....uhumm....I mean craft area. I'm still waiting for that genie to grant my third and final wish for the craft room.
I LOVED doing this project and I am so happy to share it with you today.
Now on to some blog candy. I am giving away a complete set of Cri-Kits gels pens with a holder to one lucky hopper.
- Become a follower of my blog
- Like me on Facebook
- And leave a comment on my post as well as on ALL the other blogs included in this hop. Please don't forget to leave a way to contact you in case you win!
Here is the complete lineup, just in case you get "jacked up" and lose your way:
- Patti ~ www.shortnscrappy.com - YOU ARE HERE
- Janice ~ www.cricutconfessions.com
- Michelle ~ www.peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com
- Karel ~ www.kareljcreations.com
- Jamie ~ www.glitterstampsandpaperohmy.com
- Lynda ~ www.lyndascreativetouches.blogspot.com
- Katie O. ~ www.katieoscreations.blogspot.com
- Katie W. ~ www.ktsangels.blogspot.com
- Bridgette ~ www.nutsaboutcuts.com
- Jessica ~ www.jessicascropcorner.blogspot.com
- Rebecca ~ www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com
- Yvette ~ www.cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com